Like a scene in a horror movie...

The following events occured this Friday Night, July 14.
9:00 p.m. Started blog hopping. I never forget to visit my favorite blogs. I’ve been so busy going through my blogroll because so many bloggers have new posts because of the fact that there were no classes last Thursday. A lot of the posts have similar thoughts. Delight, because of the suspension of classes, walkthroughs of what they did on that day (whether they went out or experienced boredom at home), and their views regarding the weather.

11:00 p.m. It’s raining hard outside. It’s been raining nonstop for the past couple of days. The air is cold and the sky is pitch black. I decided to watch a movie. I enjoy watching horror flicks, and I am one of the few who can watch it alone. The movie: HOSTEL.

Around 12:00 a.m. Right in the middle of the gory horror movie I was watching; I here loud thuds from our neighbor. Then I hear some digging sounds. That made me uneasy. Who would do construction work when it’s pouring outside? I decided to take a peek... It suddenly stopped raining. The sound of a shovel hitting the earth became clearer. I decided to find out what they were doing that couldn't wait for daylight. I went outside and slowly crept towards my neighbor's house. Thoughts came rushing into my mind, what am I doing? This is so stupid. As I got closer, Silhouettes started forming. I think there are two of them, both males I think. I can't see them that well. They only had a small lantern to illuminate the wet soil in front of them. They were talking to each other, something about, what else should they do and if they can finish it that night. Suddenly, I hear a sound. It’s what you hear when you crumple a plastic bag. I searched for the source of the sound. No one was around and there was no dog or cat present. Then to my horror, I found out it was me. I stepped on a slightly balled plastic bag. The sound was mild, but for me it was deafening. I moved my foot and slowly stepped it backwards. Then silence... The two men stopped talking. My heart started pumping, did they hear me? I can't see them, what are they doing? I tried to see them through the darkness. Then I hear footsteps. Louder and louder the steps became. Out of instinct, I went back into our house, locked all the doors and checked out the window to see if they knew about me snooping around their business. I was panting so hard, I felt my heart pounding so hard on my chest. Like it wanted to burst out my rib cage. I wasn't scared, just nervous (maybe its the slight adrenaline rush)… Once again, there was silence. I no longer hear them shoveling or talking... It was so quiet that I could hear my heart beating...

I think they saw me...

If you don't hear from me after this, tell my family I love them!
(seriously...)

I should really mind my own business next time...

0 comments: