Goodbye Blog Break! Hello Summer Break!

As much as I like my recent posts, blogging has not been easy for me lately. Blogging has become somewhat of a chore. Not to say that I don’t like blogging anymore, it’s just that other things take more priority than blogging and they basically drain me of any enthusiasm to blog or even blog surf. I think I only have enough of an attention span for 5 or 6 blogs, before I get bored out of my mind. I somehow enjoy twitter because I get a quick glance of what’s happening to some of the bloggers I still read.

I wonder, since summer break is upon us, will this encourage a fresh surge of bloggers? Will the blogs once again be teeming with posts almost every day? When I started my blog, it was on a summer break and as I remember it, every blog I visited was - for a lack of a better term - teeming with life both from the blogger and the readers. Everyone was so inspired or maybe excited to blog, even comment on posts! Of course, reciprocity is the key.

Will it be the same? I believe after this coming week, everyone will basically have free time (not referring to the working class of course. LOL). There will be time for excursions, time for cavorting, and time for oneself. Lots of free time. And finally, even some time left for blogging.

I however, feel sad, well disappointed in the fact that there are thousands of dead blogs out there. No posts for years, and they just stay there to rot. These blog hosting sites should really clean them up. Some of those blogs even have good titles! LOL! A while back, at one point in my blog life, I wanted to change the name of my blog. And every name I wanted was taken. It was such a waste because all of those blogs’ latest post was around 2000 or 2001. I wonder if can request to have those blogs deleted…Hmmm…


Do you think blogs will come alive again because of the coming summer break?


2 comments:

Poli said...

Same here! I can't blog no matter how hard I force myself. Majority of the blame could be placed on academics. Junior year was rough. And now, I have to look for a company for my internship.

Sana bumalik na ang mojo ko! Hehe!

Marie-Yvonne said...

DEAD BLOGS aren't all bad! They can be FUN ;)
Check out my dedicated site, for all the abandoned blogs that you can handle, documented using wry humour blended seamlessly with sincere sentiment. We are the self proclaimed 'Official home of the certified dead blog':

“BLOGS THAT DIED TOO YOUNG”

http://ontheblogheap.blogspot.com/