1) Took Part In A Marketing Bazaar. We had to establish a business that we believe will be profitable with an inventory that will last for at least a week. It is in essence the application of being a business owner and manager.
2) Joined A Marketing Competition. We had to create an original and dynamic marketing plan for Taco Bell whose budget was 10 million pesos. At first, I didn’t know what to do with all the money allotted for the task, but in the end, I almost didn’t make the budget fit!
3) Participated In A Sales Promotion Contest. Each contestant had to create a convincing and creative product pitch to a panel of 6 judges. It’s just like what Steve Jobs does when he presents a new product from Apple.
4) Participated In A Thesis Making Contest For The Philippine Stock Exchange. This was definitely one of the biggest challenges I’ve ever had to undertake. Many students dread thesis making, what more if it is for a contest where excellence is expected of you and you are competing against the country’s top colleges.
5) Produced and Directed 3 Commercials and a Print Ad. We were tasked to put together two sets of advertising campaigns accompanied by an advocacy for two different organizations. Editing was the greatest torture here. It took three solid days (with barely any breaks) to finish everything.
So basically, to sum it all up in one sentiment, September utterly kicked my ass. I was so busy and so toxic with everything I needed to do that I didn’t know which I should do first or how to fit everything in my schedule. Where’s a secretary when you need one?! Anyway, October is here and I can’t be any more relieved. I just hope as my favorite month progresses, my stress levels would go down and I can finally get to have some fun.
Yes, I did say October is my favorite month. October is just awesome. I don’t know, but I just love every second of every hour of every day of every week of this glorious month. Some of you may already know a reason why I love this month, but here’s a rundown of some of the reasons why this October is shaping up to be a GREAT month:
1) Fruits Of My Labor. It is true that if you work hard and believe in your work, all your efforts will be worth it, rewarded even. Believe me, the returns were worth it after everything. Our marketing bazaar was so profitable, our investment came back three-fold. I won several awards (1st place for the Marketing Competition, the Sales Promotion and the honor of receiving the best thesis award in the PSE Contest!) and recognized in others (3rd place in the Advertising and Advocacy Campaign). I've never been this successful ever! Hahaha!
2) Oktoberfest! I’ve only been to the event once due to the incessant demands of my manila friends and I had such a great time. Honestly, I am not a huge beer drinker, I prefer a different poison, but this is the only time in a year where I actually like beer. Luckily, I’ll be going this month with my cousins so I finally get to unwind, party and then some!
3) Halloween! My favorite and the ultimate pseudo-holiday! Ghouls, Witches, and Zombies roam the streets! Well, not really, especially in the Philippines (we prefer Kapre and Mananangal). I am fascinated by the “other side” and what perfect way to soak in all the mystery than during All Hallows Eve. Boo!
4) October is the Perfect Month. For me, October has the best weather and atmosphere. This can be felt more dramatically if you are in a country experiencing 4 seasons. October falls (no pun intended) in the season of autumn. Not too hot, not too cold. The hues of the season are red, orange and brown. A great month for contemplation, celebration and affection…Perfect…
I know I have another reason why October is so fantastic, I just keep forgetting what that reasons is…hmmm…
Anyway, that’s about everything that has happened to me these past few weeks. This is officially my return to the blogging scene and hopefully it sticks. I’m also announcing an October Blog Special! I’ll be writing posts geared towards this month’s theme of fright! Hehe!
Ok, I’ll end it here. Till the next post!